So let me explain. Of course I've been busy being a mama to my two beautiful children but on top of that we've been SO incredibly busy the past few months. After buying over 300 spools of ribbon to make Kennedy bows, I decided (with the constant encouragement from Scott) that I needed to start selling my bows. It was pretty ridiculous that I'd make Kennedy one bow and then let all of this ribbon lay around. Ever since I started making her bows when I was pregnant I had a lot of people tell me I should sell them.
UGH! SO. MUCH. WORK!
And I knew it'd be a lot of work, that's why I put off selling them until recently. I will say though, I do enjoy making people bows, it's relaxing to me (only when I don't get flooded with orders like I did last week)
And I love thinking up new creations, seriously with 300 spools of ribbon, the possibilities are endless.
I started an Etsy shop (www.etsy.com/shop/pigtailsandgumdrops),
mainly so I can upload pics of some of my bows for my friends to look at. Most of my orders have been through Facebook.
See Scott, Facebook isn't the Devil! HA!
But let me tell you, even though the money in the bank has been OH SO NICE, I see my OCD-ness (yes I made that word up) coming out. I sometimes drive myself crazy trying to perfect each bow. But for now, I'm having fun :)
Last month we went to see my (eh-hem) Trent's Favorite baseball player, Derek Jeter and the Yankees take on the Angels at Angels Stadium. We are HUGE Yankee fans in the Wilcox household, and Jeter really is Trent's all-time favorite athlete. I'd say he picked a pretty good looking player to be obsessed with.
Which reminds me, I haven't posted pictures of the kids' bedrooms yet huh? one being Trent's Yankee room.
I'll get to it one day... (sigh)
Anyway, we had an AMAZING time!! Scott and I can't wait until we can actually travel to NY one day and see the Yankees play at Yankee Stadium, oh what a day that'll be!
Two weeks ago Trent and I were in my bestfriend Lindsay's wedding. Trent was the ring bearer and I was a bridesmaid.
Lindsay has been stressing this entire year about Trent's trip down the aisle. I warned her that with any 3 year old, their mood changes from day to day.
My little buddy did absolutely perfect though! He made it down the aisle, fit-free, and looked SO Handsome in his little tux!
Let me say though, MY GOSH is it hard being in a wedding when you have a baby! This is now my second wedding I've been in right after having a baby. I was in my friend Tina's 3 weeks after having Trent, and man it's work when you're a nursing mama!
Anyway, I'm going to try my hardest to stay up to date. (I'm already doubting myself)
Next posts will be more pics of the kids, more Yankee game pics, the kids' rooms, professional pics we just had taken, and Trent's 4th birthday which is 2 days from now
Where did time go?
I had a little moment last night when I was nursing Kennedy. As I was rocking her in the middle of the night, I couldn't help but stare at her and feel so incredibly thankful for her (and Trent of course). I looked at how big she has gotten, and my 5 A.M. feeding turned into a tender moment between a mommy and her daughter followed by lots of tears :)
I'm one blessed girl!
Until next time...

1 comment:
It is so sweet to watch your little family grow. I remember the first time I met you when you brought Trent into the nursery.
Before you know it you'll be taking Kennedy into the nursery so enjoy those 5 AM tender moments.
Post a Comment